15 June, 2006

Mr. Galloway Goes to Washington
Up front, I am against the War in Iraq. It was not a war against WMDs. It was not a war against terrorism. It was a campaign of waste, of lives and of resources. 'Nuff Said.

George Galloway, a newly elected member of the British Parliament, was summoned to Washington, D.C., to appear before a Senate subcommittee that claimed -- without ever communicating with him -- that he had enriched himself through the Iraq oil-for-food program.

"Now I know that standards have slipped in the last few years in Washington, but for a lawyer you are remarkably cavalier with any idea of justice. I am here today but last week you already found me guilty. You traduced my name around the world without ever having asked me a single question, without ever having contacted me, without ever written to me or telephoned me, without any attempt to contact me whatsoever. And you call that justice." [Video]
The full statement is available here. To learn more about George Galloway, check out his web site.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What to do? The world is ruled by a___holes!